Sunday, August 1, 2010

August is Back to School Month

August is Back to School Month so I thought I would begin my blog with learning.  I love to learn new techniques, tips, and ideas. How about you?  My first technique happens to be my favorite so far.  I just love to random stamp.  I will show you by making a 5x7 card using the Something Splendid stamp set. 

1.First take the largest stamp and random stamp your area in a triangle pattern. 

2.Second use the next to largest stamp and stamp in a pattern.  Here I used a technique called second generation stamping.  It is simple, just stamp your inked stamp on a scratch piece of paper then your area you are working. 

3.Third use the next smaller sized stamp and stamp your area. I again used the second generation technique here. 

4. I used the smallest sized stamp and stamped using the second generation technique as well.
The second generation technique gives a lighter hue of the ink used.  I used the four colors that go with the paper pack Splendor. 

5. Adhere the paper to its position and embellish.

6. To embellish this card I stamped the big flower, cut it out, and sponged with a darker blue around the edges.  I then added the center of the flower. 
You could also pop the flower or add ribbon or brads just as easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment