Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Fever

Hello Everyone!

Are you having spring fever? I am for sure.  I have been enjoying this wonderful weather.  This past Monday church friends came over and plowed my garden spot.  Tuesday I was in the garden working and starting working on the rows this morning.  I will have 12 rows total.  I keep making lists and adding and changing to what I would like to plant.  When I get finished I will post pictures.  I am really excited about planting and picking and hopefully learning all of the ins and outs of gardening.  Gardening reminds me of when I was younger and my Daddy was working in his garden.  I would ride on the tractor with him from my Grandparents house and I would get to stear the wheel while he drove.  I remember walking behind him while he was tilling the rows with his tiller and stepping in his big shoe prints.  Then I would help him plant the seeds.  My brother and I also helped my mom shell beans.  We would have a certain stack and a bowl and would have them shelled and picked before she got home from work.  Purple hull peas were my favorite.  It wasn't summer if you didn't go to Sunday morning church services with purple fingers.  How about you?  I would love to hear of your gardening favorites and stories.  Post a comment....

No comments:

Post a Comment