Saturday, January 15, 2011

Birthday Card



This birthday card was made for a girl in our congregation. She turned sixteen and is having a party on Saturday. Her mom was decorating using black/white striped zebra pattern and splashes of pink. 

I made this card using:
#1385 White Daisy Cardstock
#Z2105 Black stamp pad
#Z2193 Cotton Candy stamp pad
#Z2305 Black marker
#Z1393 Mini-Medley Accents Collections Black ribbon
Solo stamp "S" - unavailable now but you can use any alphabet stamp set you like
#Z616 rubber brayer
Rubber band
#Z1380 Spray pen
#Z1039 Create a Shade Pearl Paint
#Z2293 Cotton Candy re-inker
Water

To create this card:
I placed a rubber band on the rubber brayer and inked the brayer in black ink.  I then rubbed it over the white card. Next using the spray pen and the marks on the side- I mixed water to the 7th line, and cotton candy re-inker to the 8th line, and 3 peas size drops of pearl paint. I shook it and then sprayed it on the card and let dry.  Be sure when using and spraying with the spray pen that you protect your surface and clean the pen immediately. This will allow your creation time to dry.  Next, I stamped the "S" in cotton candy ink and cut it out. I then used the word sweet from the stamp set and using my black marker wrote the number 16.  Finished the card by tying a small know and adhering it to the "S".

No comments:

Post a Comment