Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Technique - Making your own background paper from stamps

     I really enjoy making my own background from stamps. It is a great way to use my stamps not for just embellishing or cards.  If I have a stamp set then I can choose my colors and the possibilities are endless. 

     Today I made this layout using black, sunny yellow, inks and cardstock.  I made the embellishments using the stamp set also.  I custom created the stamp that says Corner Yellow Jackets.  That is a great feature CTMH offers.
      Step #1 - choose the darkest ink and biggest stamp image you want to use and random stamp your cardstock
      Step #2 - choose your next ink and next to biggest stamp image and random stamp your cardstock ( remember use a triangle pattern to random stamp)
Continue adding stamp images and inks that you choose to get the effect you desire - I used only two inks and created a third by second generation stamping with the black.  You could use 3 or 4 inks and make a great page.
Step #3 - cut your stamped page to the sizes you need for your layout and then sponge or swipe the edges to finish them
Step #4 - assemble your layout and embellish.  I also used the same step set to create the helmets with CHS and the ribbon.
After pictures are added and journaling you may want to add more embellishments.   If you would like to make this layout contact me and I will be happy to help you. 

Neely

No comments:

Post a Comment